Friday 6 May 2011

My haus in Berlin :)

I'm in my place and its amazing, perhaps a bit too posh but I'm not about to look the horse in the smacker etc. Its on the very popular Bergmannstrasse which is kind of like 4th Ave and Alma in Vancouver or Oak Bay village in Victoria. Except with renovated old European buildings loads of tourists in cafe's and bars and strolling musician's. As I write the same guy with the souped up bike and huge sound system has just ridden by with the thumping club tunes throbbing. Its best to get away from Bergmann and go back a few blocks. Around the corner there's an independent music shop next to that is a Great cafe with seating above and behind the counter and next to that is a great little comic shop. There's a wonderful neighbourhood bar with small things to eat. Today there was a musician playing an upright piano positioned in the middle of the seating area at a blocked off street. Glass of wine perched on top :)
The street from my window at about 18h (6pm).

180 view of the shared backyard from Jessica's (my roommate's) room and our balcony.


Jessica's room with the balcony

My room, that thing on the left is my dresser! Hey look, lots of room for friends to camp out if they're in town:) We have the couch although its difficult to sit on let alone sleep, though there is an extra mattress but its a single. Still, its a free place to sleep.
The Kitchen is very Turkish with a double boiler tea kettle and bench seating with tassel cushions on the wall. Very nice dishwasher will help keep the peace between us both I think.
The bathroom with our washing machine and shower/jacuzzi tub!
View down to the shared garden with a place to park the bike, BBQ and a sand box for the cats... or the kids.
So I have one room all to myself which is almost as big as my place in Vancouver and yet the rent is half as much for the use of a total apartment about four times that size. Vancouver you got a lot a splaining-to-do.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment